originally written in July 2014
I Hear Your Voice
Title: 너의 목소리가 들려 / Neoui Moksoriga Deulryeo
Also known as: I Can Hear Your Voice
Genre: Romance, supernatural, thriller, law, mystery
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2013-Jun-05 to 2013-Aug-01
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 22:00
Original Soundtrack: I Hear Your Voice OST
A thriller courtroom drama with fantasy and romantic comedy elements. It will depict the story of Jang Hye Sung (Lee Bo Young), a bold, sassy, thick-faced, comical, and materialistic public defender who becomes a lawyer after overcoming poverty and painful memories from her childhood, comes to realizations about society and justice after meeting Park Soo Ha (Lee Jong Suk), a 19-year-old boy who reads other people’s thoughts and Cha Kwan Woo (Yoon Sang Hyun), an innocent lawyer who lives a disciplined life. Jang Hye Sung is actually Soo Ha’s first love after she gave a decisive testimony on his father’s murder case 10 years ago and Soo Ha promised to protect her from the killer’s threats. Meanwhile, Cha Kwan Woo is Jang Hye Sung’s fellow lawyer who is a cheerful and idealistic former cop even though his character a bit slow, he is nice and pleasant with a firm idea of his principles and justice. Together they will team up to to find the justice in the courtroom and solve the toughest cases with less than 1% chance of winning.
Lee Bo Young as Jang Hye Sung
Kim So Hyun as young Hye Sung
Lee Jong Suk as Park Soo Ha
Goo Seung Hyun as child Soo Ha
Yoon Sang Hyun as Cha Kwan Woo
Lee Da Hee as Seo Do Yeon / Hwang Ga Yeon
Jung Min Ah as young Do Yeon
I heard good reviews about this drama and this was the breakthrough drama for both lee bo young and lee jong suk. Finally was in the mood to watch this show this week.
Wow what a great first episode! We get to see soo ha and hyosung now and flashbacks about what happened in the past. It also showed their personality and how they became what they are now. I also like how sooha has an ability to read minds. I know there is going to be a noona dongseng romance.. This one im not quite sure it looks a bit creepy but let’s see how they would develop the story. Im also quite interested to see how the plot will move as the criminal will be released soon. And wonder what role will the other lawyer play. The acting is top notch, the pacing is fast the story is riveting!
I love the twist! Who would hve thought the two girls will meet again and both have become lawyers and on opposite sides? The case is interesting and serves as a good way for sooha and hyosung to meet.her office seems to be lighthearted, lawyer shin maybe tough now but I’m sure he will be a great mentor to hyosung. Gwanwoo is still a bumbling guy wonder how he can help her or if he will be a second lead? Now let’s see if hyosung is a great public defender or not!
I thought the case would be light but it was a good way to send a strong message against bullying. Sooha’s crush is kinda cute and him being able to read minds and help hyosung is a nice way to develop their relationship. Gwanwoo and hyosung pretending to be high school students were funny. Nice to finally see the office root for hyosung.oh no killer is out and has started his revenge against hyosung! The thing about the phone at the end is creepy!! Not sure how min joongook’s cellmate will fit into the story as sinduk is his Lawyer. Doyeon is still the same as she was when they were young will we get to see her more in the next couple of episodes? And i love how hyosung is back as tough as ever! Maybe now she can stop hiding and start living her life!
Great show, really loving it so far! Good mix of fun, drama, suspense and heart! For the remaining episodes, i decided to write my thoughts while watching it live.
– Haha sooha’s illusion and fantasy of hyosung totally shattered after seeing her at home.
– Love how seungbin and hyosung are now friends.
– The creepiest one is a guy who seems to be good but is really dangerous.
– Sorry but lee jongsuk looks really weird.. Like a duck!
– Hyosung zipping her jacket all the way up her face looks too funny!
– The case about the twins is interesting. Im sure there is a way to tell them apart.
– Brave move for sooha to befriend the killer. Odd killer cant remember sooha but remebers hyosung clearly. Oh wait now killer knows sooha!
– Cute team dinner scene and hyosung is a funny drunk! Im a little disappointed that hyosung is being portrayed to be an average lawyer. Or maybe it’s because we havent seen her full potential. Awww is hyosung started to crush on lawyer cha?
– I also love the relationship between hyosung and her mom.
– And lastly, love the ost!
– Shet!! Hyosung finally knows that joongook is out and will most likely come after her!! I feel bad for her like i wanted to go to her and stay with her. But she still doesnt know who sooha is!
– Shet again! Joongook confronts sooha and taunts him to hit him. And hyosung finally knows the truth about sooha! I think they are going to make a great team!
– The actor playing the killer is quite effective!
– I love how fast paced the story is going, keeps up on our toed and at the edge of our seats. There are no dragging moments and suspense just keeps building!
– Having 2 cops as friends/allies i guess can be good for them though i dont know how comoetent they are. Haha. Nice plot.. Now theyre stuck pretending to live together.i love her house! It’s as messy as mine
– The two lawyers are so cute. At first i thought lawyer cha is such a pansy goody goody now he seems so sweet and earnest!
– Hahaha so hyosung’s mom is trying to set them up without their knowing?!? Lol!!
– Sooha finally realizes he still likes hyosung.
– Ahh killer is too smart!! Oh no he’s going for her mom!! Noooooo! Umma don’t hire that bastard!!!
– I wish hyosung would rely on her skills than sooha. I would respect her more.
– The other guy in the office is such a cutie!
– Do yeon is such a mean bitch ugh!!
– I like how the case went. Forces do yeon to find evidence to charge the real killer. I think it’s the nice twin who killed the guy. Or maybe they were faking it?!? Argh!!! That ending looks like the twins planned to kill the guy! But why? Who is that guy ?
Another great episode!!
– I like the mini flashbacks.. Shows us a bit of what happened after the case and what sooha went thru. But i hope we also get a glimpse of hyosung’s life during that period.
– Great plan by do yeon! Hope they catch those smug looking twins!!
– Wait i didnt understand what lawyer said to hyosung abt being a lawyer instead of a public defender.. Let me rewind that part again. Oh i thought the crying girl was the wife.. Didnt realize she was one of the twin’s gf!! Hmm maybe a public defender is abt defending your client at your best even if he is guilty yet she exposed the twins so she wasn’t acting out of their best interests. Good point! But it’s better to do something right than ignore the wrongdoing.
– Aww mom is so nice to joongook. Hope his cold heart melts and later changes his mind abt killing hyosung!
– Lol pretty embarrassing to have someone read your thoughts esp if it’s about them!
– Mmm the jjajangmyun looks tasty! And the seolleongtang!! And im loving hyosung’s hair and green outfit!
– Oh so we finally hear the reason why they killed the guy.. Because he raped the gf!! Aww if she had known, she could have defended them better. Lesson learned for hyosung!
– Wow lawyer cha looks so handsome!! nooooo.. Why did u just leave him like that? You could have just signalled him to wait so he wont misunderstand !!
– Urg those cops are dumb!! I hope they serve their purpose in the later episodes!
– Ohhh kid vs hot lawyer!!
– I like hyosung’s advice to sooha. Two wrongs dont make a right. Dont fix a mistake with another mistake. Wait… So did sooha really take the gun??
– On the other hand we see killer’s dilemma.. Accepting the mom’s bday food or continuing his revenge?
– The director made a great choice shooting the last scene together so we see how they both feel now.
– ok sometimes it’s fun when you don’t need to speak and the person can read your mind
– dont understand the point of showing the three judges all the time! Aside from comic relief
– pity cute assistant torn between the three lawyers haha
– wonder what the case abt the old man and how it will be resolved
– hyesung is visiting her mom! Will joongook show up?! Ha! He broke the cctv in front of the chicken store!
-aww lawyer cha is so nice!!! Why cant hyosung like him instead of the kid??
-didnt realize the role of public defenders.. Is it really like that in real life? But the show is portraying them as if theyre so selfless and nice. On the other hand, its a good wake up call to hyosung to do better in her job
– i think i love team dinner scenes the best! Always so funny yet the dialogue abt law and morals are worth listening to. Is it normal for public defenders, prosecutors and judges to always meet and discuss and havr lunches too?
-oh kid looks spiffy in a suit. But if hes an orphan where does he get his money?
-is there only one prosecutor? How sad ofr do yeon to always keep losing. Haha. And why is hyosung so shocked when gwanwoo hugged her? Lol now he is kissing her hands.. Haha so smooth. I like him now!!! Poor kid in reality theres no way and adult woman will like a high school kid. Seriously!
-oohh killer finally clicked the link now they can find out where he lives!! OMGGGGG!!! Scared for the mom.. Hope nothing happens to her!! If he kills the mom i will hunti him down muself!!! Mom seems like she is saying goodbye huhuhuhu the scene between mom and killer.. HYESUNG MOM IS THE COOLEST!!
-oh no.. Killer really killed mom!!!
Now i get why this show was so popular!! Just so good!!
Here’s a song from the drama