I really did not expect the story to go this route (which is an actual spy-terrorist story line) – I thought the NIS drama was just all fluff, but i’m so far liking it. We also get to see the tough and quick thinking Bon as a real NIS agent – fighting bad guys and disarming a bomb. Show loves putting Bon in fake-danger as a cliffhanger – but we all know he will never die because he is super sexy and cool secret agent Kim Bon.
My favorite moments in the episodes were:
1. The reluctant bromance between Jin Yong Tae and Kim Bon. Yong Tae keeps calling Bon “brother” (which totally reminds me of the bromance in Man to Man – the actor guy also the agent as “brother”). I’m sure deep down Bon is thrilled to have a “brother”. the hospital scenes were hilarious (i also watched the BTS in youtube and they seem to be having fun filming those scenes). Right now, Yong Tae has to lie low so we don’t get to see him scheming, but we do find out where he hid the bags. i just hope NIS finds them before someone else does. and hope that Yong Tae starts becoming more useful and redeems himself.
2. It’s such a convenient coincidence that almost everything happens in the KingCastle apartments. first, Aerin’s husband unintentionally witnesses a murder, then now one of the housewife’s husband is an industrial spy and everything somehow connects to the case that Bon has been working on for years! i feel bad for Sunmi and i don’t know if it’s really a better idea to make her believe he just ran away with his lover, rather than tell her he is actually a terrorist. If you think about it, had she not become suspicious in the first place, the NIS would never have found out about the planned attack. but I agree with Eunha. I would also love to pull the hair out of that b*tch!
3. Speaking of the neighborhood, I love the whole community feel of KingCastle. Aerin calls Eunha and they were able to rally everyone and evacuate the school before something terrible happens! and they all take care of one another. Even Jiyeon and Dowoo remembers that someone has to pickup Aerin’s kids when Aerin was detained.
4. Slow simmering romance between Aerin and Bon. I think Bon started liking and caring for Aerin way before Aerin. I love how subtle the actor (SJS) is able to convey his feelings for Aerin. Like that nose to nose thing. and i like the slow progression from a neighbor to sitter to friend to potential romance since Aerin just lost her husband. I still think the actors don’t have enough chemistry for the romance to really take flight, so I don’t mind if the romance takes it time. Hopefully Bon can finish his mission first, stay alive and away from NIS before they seriously think of a relationship.
5. Last but the best part is seeing super agent Bon in action. The stakes are higher. More characters are showing up. The possibility of endangering the public is higher. K is still alive and killing people (argh!). We also see who is the Voice. He wants Terius gone. Young Shil is most likely the NIS mole and has been after Terius for so long. The whole exploding van is not surprising.
I’m not sure how Bon is able to escape. Youngshil seemed unperturbed when the van exploded. I mean she has been looking for Terius for so long so I don’t know if she planted that (though it’s unbelievable if both the good and bad guys thought of the same idea). If I were Youngshil I would have gotten angry that someone was able to kill my target before I did. My guess is that Jiyeon’s boss made that slight change so that even Jiyeon will think Bon is dead. Or.. the boss is the real bad guy and Youngshil is the good guy. The show is just making us believe she is the bad one. I rememeber the boss and Youngshil had a conversation that she is way better than hjm but he is the boss because he is good with politics. What do you think?
Oh and that great analogy between Bon and uncle fish dying is great!